Dyer Vent Cleaning - Prevent A Fire By Cleaning Your Dryer Vent

Dyer Vent Cleaning - Prevent A Fire By Cleaning Your Dryer Vent

Did you know--- Solely 60% of the lint is captured in the lint trap of residential and business garments dryers. The other 40% is vented outside. Over time, the damp lint accumulates to the inside of the duct. The consequence is like a clogged pipe that turns into more restricted over time which can cause a fire hazard! In response to the National Fire Safety Association, sixteen,000 fires start in the laundry room each year.

Also, the Shopper Product Safety Commission estimates more than 84.four million in property damage annually. This is a reality that must be taken seriously. The State Fire Marshal recommends that your dryer vent be cleaned or inspected once a year to make sure your safety.


Here are some signs your dryer vent might want cleaning:

If it takes longer than one cycle to your clothes to dry, or the clothes are highly regarded after drying, this is a good sign your vent needs cleaning.
If the clothes have a musty odor after drying.
In case your dryer shuts off or stops during a cycle, the element may be getting too hot from the duct restriction.
If there may be an excessive amount of lint escaping from the back of the dryer.
If the outside vent has lint covering the outside of the vent cover.
Listed below are the advantages of a clean dryer vent:
Reduce laundry drying instances
Keep away from dryer element alternative prices
Improve the standard of dried garments
Get monetary savings on utility payments
Forestall a dryer fire!
So, how do you go about cleaning your dryer vent. Listed below are the steps when you plan to do it yourself.
1. Get the proper tools. For this job you'll need a shop vac and extension hose of at least 10 to 15 feet, relying on the length of the dryer vent outside to your dryer. Next, you have to a flexible cable with a brush on the tip (could be discovered online) to snake by means of the duct, and finally, a mud masks and gloves to guard yourself from the airborne lint.

2. Disconnect your dryer from the flexible duct and clear the back of the dryer and any lint that has accumulated under the dryer. Check the versatile duct and exchange it with a new one if it is damaged or has holes. The primary part of the process will contain running the flexible cable and vacuum from the inside of the house by your dryer. The second a part of the process entails the same thing only from the outside by your dryer vent cleaning vent that goes to the outside.

3. Run the versatile snake with brush by means of the dryer vent duct so far as you'll be able to go, be careful to not push previous any turns or angles that might cause the cable to get caught within the ductwork, in any other case you'll have a troublesome time getting it out. Vacuum out the loose lint with the shop vac and hose. Run the hose as far into the duct as you possibly can go.

4. Find the place your dryer vents to the outside of the house. Remove any dryer vent hardware to access the duct.

5. Repeat the process from the outside, running your versatile cable into the duct (toward the dryer) and vacuum out the loose lint. Observe this by hooking the dryer back as much as the flexible duct inside the house and switch the dryer on, any remaining lint will blow out of the duct. Finally, substitute any hardware on the outside of the house.